Oral Traditions Engl 337

Online Journal for Engl 337.

Thursday, January 20, 2005

Pre-writing Memories

On my pre-writing memories (PWM): I honestly cannot come up with any PFM, nor can I think of the word I used to annoy my parents with (the second part of the query). I have always been a voracious reader and have written much. The earliest memory I can place with distinction involving writing or lack there of is of me, in Kindergarten, going over my letters. There is a second memory that I now think of. During preschool (this may have been the same time I was in kindergarten, though I am not sure) I went through the classroom and wrote the names of many things down. The next day, upon returning, I could not read anything I had written, whether for lack of reading skills or poor handwriting, I do not know.
The only memories prior to that time are vague images of myself, mostly results of photographs of me as a child. Absolutely no thoughts accompany those images beyond any tags describing the image, all of which were added at some later time in my mind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home